Extend your probes lifetime
Tips on how to maintain your ultrasound probes
CLEANING & DISINFECTION OF ULTRASONIC PROBES
- Disconnect the probe from the device
- Remove gel residues from the probe with a soft paper towel
- Do not use sharp objects for cleaning
- Use a sponge to remove stubborn dirt from the probe
- Allow the probe to air dry or alternatively wipe it carefully with a soft cloth
CORRECT USE OF DISINFECTANT
- Use only tested and approved disinfectants
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- Protect the connector from any kind of liquid spillage or splashes. Otherwise electronic components could be damaged.
- With TEE probes, special care is required due to the IT coating. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning.